Why should I use an Independent Insurance Agent for Home and Auto Insurance?
(and flood insurance, boat insurance, umbrella insurance, motorcycle insurance, golf cart insurance, etc.)
February 22, 2023 by Brad Davis, CIC
Many years ago, I worked for a large captive insurance agency. There are benefits of working with a captive agent or even a website or 1 800 type company sometimes, but I feel working with an independent agent is typically your best bet. I hope to convince you too!
What is an Independent Insurance Agency?
Let's first explain what an independent insurance agent is and how they differ from other insurance agents.
Independent insurance agencies are set up to represent many different carriers. This allows independent agents to shop several markets to not only bring customers competitive premiums, but also match them with the coverage they need. Some independent insurance agencies align themselves with companies to service the commercial insurance market (for businesses), some work with companies to service personal insurance (home, auto, flood, boat, etc.), some only do life and health insurance, some target a specific niche, and some try to do it all.
Looking for a trusted independent insurance agent in Myrtle Beach? Try Davis Insurance Associates.
Benefits of working with an Independent Insurance Agent.
Insurance can be complicated. There are reasons insurance agents are required to pass a state test and comply with continuing education requirements. Here are some reasons why a local and experienced independent agent can best protect your assets.
- We give you choices. Independent agents have the ability to shop multiple insurance carriers to bring you choices based on premium, coverage, and financial strength. Simply put, we do the shopping for you.
- We are local. Most independent agents live in your area and give back to the same community. Many times, employees in independent agencies coach little league, sit on local community boards, and donate time and money to local charities. We truly are a part of the community.
- We are licensed experts. Independent insurance agents live and breath in the insurance world. All agents (with maybe a couple exceptions) continually take classes to learn more about insurance. And many agents spend free time staying up to date and honing their insurance knowledge.
- We offer one stop shopping. Independent agents can usually provide all the insurance you need or multiple lines all at once. Hey, sometimes piecing your insurance policies may work for you, but I feel bundling polices with one agency can help reduce gaps in coverage and maximize discounts.
- We can adapt to changing market conditions. What happens if your auto insurance premium goes up? Can your insurance provider shop your policy with other carriers? Or, what if you have a home insurance claim and your current provider non-renews your coverage? Independent agents are equipped to handle these and other similar type situations.
- We can offer unbiased advice. Insurance companies that only represent one product, can only try to sell you one product. I admit, sometimes it can be the best product for you, and I am not saying they try to push a bad product. But independent agents have several options and have your best interest in mind.
Are you ready to get quotes for your Home and Auto Insurance in South Carolina or North Carolina? Call (843) 213-0000 or visit thinkdavisinsurance.com. Davis Insurance Associates wants to be your Myrtle Beach Independent Insurance Agency!
HOME | AUTO | FLOOD
We are your local independent insurance agency for Myrtle Beach providing you with peace of mind at a price that's right for you. Let Davis Insurance Associates help you find affordable home and auto insurance in South Carolina and North Carolina.