D Auto Insurance
Contact Davis Insurance Associates for your Myrtle Beach Auto Insurance needs!
Auto Insurance Information
What is auto insurance?
Automobile insurance in protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, South Carolina requires you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent when looking for a Myrtle Beach Auto Insurance quote.
If you are from Myrtle Beach or have lived here for a while, you know traffic and driving conditions can be tricky, especially in the summer. Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Why choose Davis Insurance Associates for your Auto Insurance in Myrtle Beach and South Carolina?
We are an independent insurance agency with several car insurance carriers to work with. Not one company is the best fit based on coverage and premium for everyone. Representing multiple auto insurance carriers allows our experienced and local agents find the right insurance for your vehicle in Myrtle Beach and all of South Carolina.
Since our agents are experienced, you can expect to work with someone who is professional and knowledgeable. You can come and speak to any of our agents face to face to help solve your insurance needs. Our agents take the time to apply as many discounts as possible and find the right condo insurance carrier to best suit your needs.
Since our agents are local, we know the insurance marketplace in South Carolina. Our staff are members of our community. We are involved in local insurance groups, live in the area, spend time helping other, and sometimes even coach little league teams.
What types of vehicles can Davis Insurance Associates insure?
The simple answer is just about any type. Personal auto insurance policies are generally for your light weight passenger vehicles. Whether you have an inexpensive older car or a brand new super-expensive car, we can probably find the right insurance for you.
Heavy weight vehicles, vehicles owned by a business, or used for commercial work most often fit better under a Business Auto Policy. Call an agent or visit our Business Insurance page for more information.
Finding the cheapest Auto Insurance in Myrtle Beach.
There are a number of insurance agencies in Myrtle Beach that can provide auto insurance. We recommend you are working with an agent that has experience and can adequately explain the details of auto insurance. Just searching for 'cheap Myrtle Beach auto insurance' may not be in your best interest. Consider looking for the best Myrtle Beach Auto Insurance value for your needs.
Auto Insurance in Horry County and Myrtle Beach is typically a little more when compared to other areas of South Carolina, but it can be affordable; and since we represent multiple carriers we will search for the auto insurance with the lowest rates and work to offer the lowest premium for the coverage you need. Because we offer many lines of insurance, we can look at bundling the insurance for your cars with home, flood, boat, or more to get more savings with a multi-line discount.
Call (843) 213-0000 today to speak with a licensed and local agent at Davis Insurance Associates about your Myrtle Beach Auto Insurance and see what we can do for you. When you think about Auto Insurance in Myrtle Beach - thinkdavisinsurance.com!
In addition to an auto insurance policy, you may want to consider purchasing other coverages such as; home, umbrella, jewelry, motorcycle, golf cart, or boat. Davis Insurance Associates is here to serve Myrtle Beach and South Carolina, count on us to understand your risks and help you protect them. Let our office help you with your Auto Insurance in Myrtle Beach!
Insurance Information Institute - Facts + Statistics: Auto Insurance
South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles