D Auto Insurance
Contact Davis Insurance Associates for your Myrtle Beach Auto Insurance needs!
Auto Insurance Information
What is auto insurance?
Automobile insurance in protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, South Carolina requires you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent when looking for Myrtle Beach Auto Insurance.
If you are from Myrtle Beach or have lived here for a while, you know traffic and driving conditions can be tricky, especially in the summer. Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Call (843) 213-0000 today to speak with a licensed and local agent at Davis Insurance Associates about your Myrtle Beach Auto Insurance and see what we can do for you. When you think about Auto Insurance in Myrtle Beach - thinkdavisinsurance.com!
In addition to an auto insurance policy, you may want to consider purchasing other coverages such as; home, umbrella, jewelry, motorcycle, golf cart, or boat. Davis Insurance Associates is here to serve Myrtle Beach and South Carolina, count on us to understand your risks and help you protect them. Let our office help you with your Auto Insurance in Myrtle Beach!
Insurance Information Institute - Facts + Statistics: Auto Insurance
South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles