D Homeowners Insurance
Contact Davis Insurance Associates for your Myrtle Beach Homeowners Insurance options today!
Homeowners Insurance Information
What is Homeowners Insurance and what coverage is best for me and my family?
It is important to note that on this page we mainly refer to the HO3 form for homeowners insurance, which is designed for the owner-occupied dwelling. This is typically used for primary and secondary or seasonal homes. Although it has recently adapted to accommodate some rental exposure, this is still not widely accepted by all insurance companies.
In most cases the homeowners insurance policy, or HO3, is used to insure single family detached structures. However, it is also sometimes used for multi-family dwellings such as townhomes, rowhouses, or duplexes.
Homeowners insurance is really about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That’s important because chances are your home is one of your largest investments. Because of the proximity to the coast, Myrtle Beach Homeowners Insurance can be especially important to protect your home against wind damage. Here are a few reasons you should have homeowners insurance.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you would probably need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage would likely pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft or vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask an agent at Davis Insurance Associates to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what is included and what is not.
If you are occupying a home as a tenant, you need Renters Insurance and our agents can help with that as well.
What does a Homeowners Insurance policy include?
There are different homeowner insurance forms that do differ, but most standard policies are broken down in the following coverages.
· Coverage A – Dwelling. The dwelling or building coverage includes the main structure and most of what is attached to it or in it.
· Coverage B – Detached Structures. This could apply to in ground pools, sheds, fences, and the sort.
· Coverage C – Personal Property. Sometimes called contents, this is for your personal belongings such as clothing, furniture, and dishes.
· Coverage D – Loss of Use. This is meant to reimburse or help the insured for the cost of temporary house if the home is uninhabitable due to a covered claim.
· Coverage E – Personal Liability. This coverage protects the homeowner from incidents where they may be found liable.
· Coverage F – Medical. Medical payments can apply for a guest getting hurt at the homeowners premises, regardless of who is at fault.
What types of damage does a Homeowners Insurance policy cover?
After years of insuring homes, the insurance industry has gotten better at it. Many years ago, most policies only covered damage caused by fire. Some people still refer to homeowners insurance as fire insurance. Today most insurance carriers use the HO3 (ISO Homeowners Form 3) policy or something similar. However, there are other ISO forms and several proprietary forms used.
Most disasters are covered for damage to the dwelling, but there are exceptions. The most significant of these exclusions are damage caused by floods, earthquakes, and poor maintenance. Earthquake coverage can usually be added to a Homeowners insurance policy by an endorsement, or purchased as a separate policy. Flood coverage is usually purchased as a separate policy. Visit our Flood Insurance page for more information. Maintenance related problems are the homeowner’s responsibility.
Damages to your personal property or contents are usually limited to a list of certain perils. Common covered perils are fire, explosion, storms, smoke, riots, vandalism, theft, falling objects, and water damage.
This is just an overview of a typical homeowners policy, please note that you should talk to a licensed and experienced insurance agent when shopping for homeowner insurance in Myrtle Beach. Any given policy can have endorsements attached that can add, remove, or limit coverage.
Things to consider regarding Homeowners Insurance in Myrtle Beach.
Here ae a few things to discuss with your agent when purchasing insurance for your home. Because of the enhanced exposure to hurricane or flood damage make sure to thoroughly discuss this when obtaining Myrtle Beach Homeowners Insurance. It is also important to work with an agent in the coastal area or one that is very familiar with issues involved in coastal property insurance.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Although insurance agents are not property appraisers and can not tell you the exact replacement cost, they should be able to talk you through the home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it know for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system, and fire resistance discounts.)
- What is the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Why choose Davis Insurance Associates for your Myrtle Beach Homeowner Insurance?
Homeowners insurance is why Brad Davis started this agency in 2008 in the first place. We consider the office knowledgeable about all the insurance products we sell and service, but homeowners insurance in Myrtle Beach is probably what we do best.
Davis Insurance Associates has agreements with several top home insurance carriers. This allows us to find the right policy for just about anyone in South Carolina. We can insure new homes, old homes, ocean front homes, and more.
Our agents take the time to find the right policy for each client based on their coverage needs and premium. Because we represent and shop coverage with many carriers, we are often the most competitive agency in Myrtle Beach. However, we know that the cheapest isn’t always the best; so we also do our best to present homeowner insurance quotes that are adequate and accurate.
Simply put, Davis Insurance Associates has wonderful Homeowner Insurance products for Myrtle Beach and we think we are among the best. Speak with one of our licensed and local agents about Myrtle Beach Homeowners Insurance before an emergency happens. When you think about Homeowner Insurance in Myrtle Beach – thinkdavisinsurance.com!
In addition to a homeowners policy, you may want to consider purchasing other coverages such as; umbrella, jewelry, flood, or earthquake. Davis Insurance Associates is here to serve Myrtle Beach and South Carolina, count on us to understand your risks and help you protect them. Let our local and experienced staff help you with your Homeowner Insurance in Myrtle Beach!
Insurance Information Institute - What is Covered by Standard Homeowners Insurance?