Getting a homeowner’s insurance quote can be painless and only takes a few minutes when you have all your information on hand. Knowing the details of your home, including what kind of safety features you have installed, may help you qualify for money-saving discounts and will help ensure that you choose the coverage that best meets your needs.
There can often be more questions involved in getting a homeowner’s insurance quote than a car insurance quote, so be ready to answer specific questions about your home. Though this may seem like a lot, Davis Insurance Associates we will do everything we can to get you a home insurance quote in Myrtle Beach, or just about anywhere in South Carolina, quickly and easily!
Here’s a checklist to help you get started:
1. Who lives in the home? You may be asked for contact information about anyone who lives in the home, who is on the deed of the home, how long you’ve lived there, your marital status, whether you run a business from the home, and if you own any pets.
2. What's your insurance history? It’s a good idea to be ready with the details about your existing coverage, if your home is already covered by homeowners insurance. Do you have a mortgage on the home? Are there any prior insurance claims? What deductibles are you comfortable with?
3. What’s your house like? You’ll likely be asked a series of questions, including if it is a single-family home, townhome or condo, the year the house was built, the age of the roof, the number of stories, the heated square footage, its exterior finish, and details about your garage. You’ll probably also be asked for details on the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, if there are any fireplaces, screened enclosures, fences or detached structures on the property. This information will help in determining the cost to rebuild your home and the amount of coverage that you will need.
4. What improvements have you made? If you have made upgrades to your home since you purchased it, your existing homeowners policy may not reflect the current value and replacement cost of your home. Improvements may include replacing the roof, installing a new HVAC system, installing new floors, installing a swimming pool, or other updates that increase the value of your home.
5. What kind of safety devices does your home have? Certain safety devices, such as a centrally monitored security system, smoke detectors or fire sprinklers, may qualify for a discount on your insurance.
Having all this information ready to go can make it easier for you to get a home insurance quote that fits your needs at a price that's right for you. Home insurance in Myrtle Beach typically costs more than inland areas, so often having these details can help reduce the premium.
If you have any questions about your homeowner’s policy or would like a new quote, please give us a call at Davis Insurance Associates at (843) 213-0000 or visit us at thinkdavisinsurance.com. We aim to be the number one source for your Myrtle Beach Home Insurance, Myrtle Beach Auto Insurance, and more. Davis Insurance Associates services all of South Carolina.